Pastor Appreciation Ideas to Spark Your Creativity
Be creative in expressing pastor appreciation. Let these ideas release your creativity in honoring your pastor.
Use pastor honoring ideas from others to guide you as you develop your own gift giving strategy for that unique pastor's gift.
Remember that there is more to your appreciation efforts than your pastor being honored. Yes, you as a church want that to take place, yet there is so much more taking place.
- First, there is the witness that your special effort makes to your community that God loves us and offers to us the gift of eternal life.
- Then there is a message to those in your congregation that God still calls people to ministry.
- Another message you want to convey through all you do for your pastor is that the fruit of the spirit described in Galatians 5:22 - 23 is a vital part of your ministry message: "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faith, gentleness, and self-control. Against such things there is no law." (Galatians 5:22-23 WEB)
Financial Pastor Appreciation Ideas
- Suggest that your church leaders examine your pastor's salary, telling them that you want to be proud of how your church is so generous in what they pay the pastor.
- Pay for your pastor to attend a church growth conference or ministry related conference of his or her choice.
- Provide funding for your pastor to take continuing education courses in a key area of interest. Ministry related continuing education will enhance your pastor's ministry career.
- Consider continuing education opportunities in other areas of interest your pastor has shared (explore adult continuing education online).
- Suggest your church leadership provide a housing allowance, urging the pastor to purchase a home of their own, giving them opportunity to build equity toward the future. Renting out the church parsonage and directing the rent income toward the pastor's housing allowance means the church keeps a house while helping the pastor purchase a house too.
- Suggest to your church leadership that they provide pastor retirement benefits in your pastor's pay package.
- Suggest your church leaders explore the idea of granting your pastor a pastor's sabbatical.
Explore These Pastor's Family Appreciation Ideas To Prompt Your Pastor Appreciation Gift Giving
Be aware of the unique needs of the pastor's children, providing financial help for church children's camp or church teen camps as well as youth group retreats.
When the pastor's children graduate from high school, offer to help his or her children apply for college scholarships or help them get summer jobs to earn income for coming college expenses.
Surprise you pastor and spouse with a cruise or vacation package to a special destination you've heard them talk about.
Be grateful when the children and youth of your church, having witnessed loving pastor appreciation given the pastor, consider ministry a worthy career choice and respond to God's call to Christian ministry.