Encourage your pastor
Encourage your pastor by expressing appreciation through special words of encouragement for your pastor's service to your church.
How to encourage your pastor:
- Creatively communicate words of encouragement to your pastor for his or her service to God and the Church. By paying tribute to your pastor in as many ways you can, your pastor will be encouraged and energized to keep going.
- Present your pastor with meaningful pastor appreciation gifts. Pastor gifts can given not only during pastor appreciation month but also throughout the year, making every Sunday Pastor Appreciation Day.
- Actually listen to your pastor's sermons.
- Better yet, apply the truth of your pastor's preaching to specific areas of your life and then say "Thank You Pastor, for helping me spiritually".
- If you nod your head during the sermon, do so because you are in agreement, not falling asleep. (Please avoid shaking your head "NO" should you disagree with something the pastor says during the sermon.)
- Take notes of your pastor's preaching, hopefully of the sermon.
- Say "amen" when the pastor proclaims spiritual truth, because "amen" means "so be it!" and "right on!".
- Say "amen" real loud but be careful because it will shock the pastor and some will think a spiritual revival is beginning.
- If you hear someone say "Praise the Lord", stand up and actually do so! People will be convinced spiritual revival is taking place.
- Give a good report about your pastor, bragging about your pastor in such a way that your relatives and friends just might want to attend church just to meet such a wonderful person.
- Show up at church workdays so that there will at least 2 people present, the pastor and you.
- Suggest your church leaders develop a pastor's book fund for the pastor, providing a generous pastor's book allowance in the church budget.
- Borrow the pastor's car for an hour, gassing it up and washing it. Borrow the pastor's car for 2 hours, having the car detailed. Borrow the pastor's car forever, trading it in for a brand new model (it would be nice to pay the balance owing too).
- Sit near the front of the sanctuary during church worship services. The advantage is that you don't have to arrive as early as usual in order to get a back seat.
- Invite friends and relatives to attend your church services, introducing them to your pastor and better yet, introducing them to Jesus (they will be eternally grateful).
encourage your pastor because ENCOURAGED pastors encourage others
Yes, we all get discouraged at times. You AND your pastor. Encouraging your pastor will be a wonderful way for you to encourage your fellow parishioners in that encouraged pastors preach better!
Perhaps you have wondered how to help your pastor be a better preacher. Words of encouragement will work wonders in your pastor's preaching! So strategize on ways to encourage your pastor!