Annual Pastor Appreciation Celebration
by Melanie Monroe
Pastor Appreciation Month Celebration
Our church choose to celebrate appreciation month in May and the theme is Thirty-one Days of Celebration
First Saturday, - All Church Pastor Appreciation Parade
First Sunday, Annual Pastor Appreciation Kickoff Sunday
-Guest Speaker To Honor Our Pastor
-Skit: Three Cheers for the Pastor
First Wednesday, - Card Shower Day
Second Sunday, Mother's Day
Second Wednesday, - Leafless Tree Day
- Present the pastor with a variety of small gifts, such as bottled water, juices, peppermints, etc.
Saturday, - Pastor and Wife Day
- All men are invited to join in on an afternoon with the pastor.
- All women of the church are invited to join in on a day out in Bossier City/Shreveport, which will consist of breakfast, pampering ourselves and the pastor wife (spa), shopping, and movie. (Departure time 8:30 a.m.)
- Each woman of the church is asked to purchase either a household item (such as soap, washing powder, etc.) and/or a pampering item (such perfume, etc.) for the pastor's wife.
Great idea to include your pastor's wife for a special gift just for her -- Amazon is a great pastor's wife gift resource:Gifts For Pastor's Wife
Sunday, - T-Shirt Sunday
Guest Speaker To Pay Tribute to Our Pastor
- Purchase a (Sky Blue) Pastor's Appreciation T-shirts and wear it proudly during the morning service.
Wednesday, - Banner Wednesday
- Each auxiliary is asked to make a banner of appreciation, which will be displayed throughout the church building.
- Each youth member will create a giant love heart which will also be displayed.
Friday, - Decorating Day
- 7:00 p.m. Decorate the high school gymnasium for the appreciation ball.
Saturday, - Pastor and Wife Appreciation Ball
Sunday, - Pastor and Wife Appreciation Day
- 11:00 a.m. Morning Service : Guest Speaker
- Pastor Appreciation Program - 3:00 p.m.
- Pastor and Wife Banquet - 6:00 p.m.
Wednesday, - Bible Study with the Pastor at 6:00 p.m.
Guest Teacher: Bible teaching aimed at helping our people enjoy the Scriptures.
Sunday, Church Family Reunion of Present and Former Members
- Guest Speaker and Church
- Continental Breakfast Fellowship
- Invite friends and family of present church members as well as former members who have moved away
- PowerPoint Presentation: The Story of Our Pastor's Life
Other Pastor Celebration Events and Activities
- A Sunday of Meals - Each Sunday in the month, with the exception of 2nd and 4th Sundays, dinner will be provided for the Pastor and his family.
- Lotsa Letters: Each day a specific, personal letter/note of appreciation from a youth member will be mailed to the pastor's home address.
- Gift from Deacons - Can I Borrow Your Car? As a special surprise during Pastor Appreciation Month, each Wednesday in the month a designated deacon(s) will borrow the pastor's vehicle and gas it up.